Glencoe Park District issued the following announcement on May 10.
Now Accepting Applicants!
The Glencoe Park District Board is seeking volunteers to serve on a three month task force to explore the feasibility of dog park sites throughout Glencoe. The group will serve in an advisory capacity to provide input to the Park Board on a potential location, size and features of a dog park.
The committee will be composed of volunteers both for and against a dog park in Glencoe. Applicants must be willing to listen to both sides of the issue with an open mind and possess critical thinking skills. At the end of the three month period, the task force will present their findings to the Park Board at a public meeting.
The task force will explore six potential dog park sites:
- Park 7n and 8n, located at the intersection of Old Green Bay Road and Maple Hill Road
- Park 3n “Sunken Park”, located east of Old Green Bay Road and north of Dennis Lane
- Watts Park, not including the athletic fields, located at 461 Jackson Avenue
- Shelton Park, located at 251 Harbor Avenue; focus on southwest portion of the park
- Park 21s2 and 22s, adjacent to the Linden House; located at Linden and Jackson avenues
- Park 10s, located at Green Bay Road and South Avenue
Email inquiries and general questions regarding the possibility of a dog park and/or the task force are welcome. More information regarding the discussion so far can be found here.
Original source can be found here.