CITY OF PROSPECT HEIGHTS: Special Storm Debris Pickup Until Dec. 12
City of Prospect Heights issued the following announcement on Dec. 6.
The City will be picking up fallen tree branches from now until 12/12/2018. This is for limbs that came down due to the heavy snow on11/26/2018.
Our Public Works along with a contract crew will be driving each City street removing roadside limbs and branches that were placedfor pick-up. They will also be removing the trees and limbs that our Crew moved out of the roadway during the storm.
Privateproperty tree debris must adhere to the following guidelines to be picked up:
- All debris must be placed out at / near the parkway- Only storm-related trees and limbs from single-family residences will be picked up.
- All piles shall be stacked in a neat fashion with cut ends of limbs facing the street, with branches in a manner so as not to obstruct adjacent sidewalks or streets.
- No firewood, tree stumps, root balls, or dimensional lumber are permitted.
- Crews will not rake parkways of twigs, sticks, or debris.
- Public works expects to complete this action by December 12th.
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Prospect Heights