Ridgewood Community High School District 234 recently issued the following announcement.
Ridgewood High School District 234 Board of Educaton Vacancy
Ridgewood High School District 234 is accepting applications to fill the vacancy resulting from the resignation of a Board member. The individual selected will serve on the school board from the date of appointment until the election on April 6, 2021.
The Ridgewood School District's mission statement is: Students will become adaptable life- long learners and responsible, ethical citizens, with the ability to make informed decisions in a changing global society. Students will demonstrate learning in multiple settings and in multiple ways. Members of Ridgewood High School Community will collaborate to ensure that every student learns.
At a minimum a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding
- the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- Not be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or Federal employment
- Applicants should show familiarity with the Board's policies regarding general
- duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics and gift ban.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes a list of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be due December 13, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Original source can be found here.