East Maine School District 63 recently issued the following announcement.
East Maine District 63 invites all K-8th grade students to submit entries for the 2018 Winter Card Design Contest.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of school officials and teachers.
- Winner’s design will appear on the official D63 winter card, website, and social media sites.
- Winner and Best in Show for each grade will be honored at the December 6, 2018 Board of Education meeting.
- All entries will be displayed at the Niles-Maine District Library in December.
- All artwork should be created outside of regular school hours.
- Artwork must be submitted on a flat, plain white sheet of 8.5”x11” paper. There is no need to design a complete card -- just the artwork that would appear on the front.
- Art must be hand-drawn and camera-ready.
- Design can be vertical or horizontal and should reflect a non-religious winter theme (cardinals, birds, trees, nature, mittens, snowflakes, snowmen, etc.)
- Acceptable materials: colored or graphite pencils, markers, crayons, watercolors, and paint.
- The design must be usable in small (2 sq. in.) and large (up to 11 x 17 in.) formats.
- Artwork can be in color, but should also be reproducible in a single color.
- Place artwork and a completed parent/guardian release form in an envelope labeled “School District 63 Winter Card Contest.” Student name, school, and grade must be on the reverse side of the submission.
Source: East Maine School District 63