EVANSTON TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT 202: Fall season brings broad recognition for ETHS Speech and Debate
Evanston Township High School District 202 issued the following announcement on Nov. 20.
Evanston Township High School’s Speech and Debate Team has made its mark in local and regional tournaments, with 68 students having competed for the high school in the 2018-19 school year. Competition results for the fall season include:
- Junior Isaac Slevin qualified to the Tournament of Champions in Congressional Debate.
- Junior Henry Eberhart and sophomore Quinn Hughes advanced to elimination rounds in Lincoln-Douglas debate at the MinneApple Tournament in Apple Valley, MN.
- Junior Ana Glassman has earned "Best Presiding Officer" awards at two tournaments this fall.
- Senior Lane Deamant championed their first ever Original Oratory tournament in October.
- Junior Rebecca Lustig maintained her status as the best Extemporaneous Speaker in Chicago by winning the DePaul College Prep tournament.
“Our team continues to expand its cultural footprint through activism and equity efforts,” noted ETHS Speech and Debate Coach Jeff Hannan. The Spanish Language Debate team has also grown this school year under the leadership of assistant coach Clare Delgado, who is working with students to host an in-school event in December as well as scrimmage event with a partner program in the spring.
The ETHS Speech and Debate Team earned membership in the National Speech and Debate Association's "200 Club", recognizing the top 10 percent of speech and debate programs in the nation.
Original source can be found here.
Source: Evanston Township High School District 202