Village of Glencoe issued the following announcement on June 17.
9 a.m.-Noon, Saturday, June 22
Doing some household cleaning? Recycle electronics and safely destroy documents at the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County’s (SWANCC) Dual Collection Event in Glencoe on June 22. The event is free and open to any resident of a SWANCC member community (have your IDs ready).
Document Destruction Guidelines
- Paper documents must be brought to the event in either paper shopping bags or boxes – no plastic bags! There is a limit of six paper shopping bags or file-size boxes per vehicle.
- Paper must be free of contamination, such as metal clips, plastic sleeves, folders and binders.
- Workers will remove paper from vehicles to place in carts. Then documents will then be loaded into the shredding truck. The paper will be cross-shredded (on-site), baled and eventually recycled into new paper products.
The following items will be accepted for recycling. Please remove electronics from plastic packaging and boxes before bringing to the Dual Collection Event
- Cable Receivers
- Cell Phones
- Computer cable
- Computer monitors
- Computers (Desktops, Notebooks, Tablets)
- Converter Boxes
- Fax Machines
- MP3 Players
- Portable Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Printers (Multi-function Printers)
- Satellite Receivers
- Televisions (All Types)
- Video Game Consoles
- Video Recorders/Players
- Zip Drives
Questions about the event? Contact the Public Works Department at (847) 835-4111.
Original source can be found here.
Source: Village of Glencoe