Village of Hoffman Estates Village Board of Trustees met May 6
Village of Hoffman Estates Village Board of Trustees met May 6.
Here is the agenda provided by the board:
1. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
3. RECOGNITION OF AUDIENCE
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES -April 15 and April 22, 2019
1900 Hassell Road Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 847/882-9100
May 6, 2019
5. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE (Roll Call Vote)
(All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Trustee so requests. In that event, the discussion will be the first item of business after approval o f the Consent Agenda.)
A. Approval of Agenda
B. Approval of the schedule of bills for May 6, 2019 - $2,213,565.54
C. Request Board approval of an Ordinance authorizing amendments to the 2018 budget ordinance.
D. Request Board approval to re-appropriate funding for installation of a generator at the Sears Centre Arena.
E. Request Board approval of consolidated Sears Centre Arena agreements with:
1) Spectra for arena management; and
2) Front Row Marketing for sale of contractual rights.
F. Request Board approval of an application by React Presents, LLC for use of pyrotechnics and fireworks at the outdoor Spring Awakening Music Festival on June 7-9, 2019 subject to meeting the Village Code and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
G. Request Board approval ofpaint color selection and Village name orientation for Stonington Water Tower (T-2) and Huntington Water Tower (T-4).
H. Request Board authorization to extend the 2017 contract for the 2019 roadway pavement markings program to Preform Traffic Control Systems, Ltd., Elk Grove Village, IL, at a total cost not to exceed $57,000.
I. Request Board authorization to extend the 2017 contract for 2019 street sweeping, inclusive of all associated costs including removal and hauling of debris, to Lakeshore Recycling Systems (formerly known as K. Hoving Clean Sweep), West Chicago, IL, in an amount not to exceed $108,150.
5. CONSENT AGENDA/OMNIBUS VOTE - Continued
J. Request Board authorization to award contract for design engineering for the Almond Lane and Audubon Street culvert replacement project to Chastain and Associates, LLC, Schaumburg, IL in an amount not to exceed $31,004.
K. Request Board authorization to award a two-year Police emergency vehicle equipment and installation/changeover contract to Ultra Strobe Communications, Crystal Lake, IL, in an amount not to exceed $19,600 for FY 2019.
L. Request Board authorization to:
1) waive formal bidding; and
2) purchase a 2019 Ford F-250, crew cab, 4X4 pickup truck for the Fire Department through the Northwest Municipal Conference Suburban Purchasing Cooperative Contract from Currie Motors Frankfort Inc., Frankfort, IL, in an amount not to exceed $33,536.
M. Request Board authorization to:
1) waive formal bidding; and
2) purchase an aluminum, 3/4 height truck service body for the Fire Department from Highway Products, Inc., White City, Oregon, in an amount not to exceed $31,338.95.
N. Request Board authorization to award contract for the 2019 street revitalization project to Arrow Road Construction, Elk Grove Village, IL (low bid), in an amount not to exceed $6,479,463.
0. Request Board authorization to award contract for materials testing for the 2019 street revitalization project to Applied GeoScience, Inc., Schaumburg, IL (low proposal estimate), in an amount not to exceed $160,000.
6. REPORTS (INFORMATION ONLY)
A. President's Report
-- Mental Health Awareness Month
-- Municipal Clerks Week
-- National Economic Development Week -- Public Service Awareness Week
... Boards & Commissions Re-Appointments
B. Trustee Comments
C. Village Manager's Report
D. Village Clerk's Report
E. Committee Reports
-- Transportation & Road Improvement
-- Planning, Building & Zoning
-- General Administration & Personnel
7. PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REPORTS
A. Request by Hoffman Village Station LLC (owner) and Wuebker Fitness, Inc. (tenant) for a special use under Section 9-8-2-C-9 to operate a health club for the property located at 2567 W. GolfRoad. Voting: 11 Ayes
B. Request by Kristopher Gillis (owner) and Jim Stumpf (applicant) for a Master Sign Plan amendment in accordance with Section 9-3-8-M-13 of the Zoning Code for the property located at 2559 Pratum Avenue. Voting: 11 Ayes
C. Request by S&L Real Estate Properties LLC (owner) and MAPT Properties
LLC (applicant) for a special use under Section 9-8-2-C-9 to operate a vehicle storage lot at 1260 W. Higgins Road, with 16 conditions (see packets).
Voting: 7 Ayes, 4 Nays
D. Request by Higgins & Golf, Ltd. (owner) and Scott Kozak (applicant) for a site plan amendment for the property located at 1000 W. Golf Road, with 2 conditions (see packets). Voting: 7 Ayes, 4 Absent
8. ADDITIONAL BUSINESS (All other new business; those items not recommended unanimously by the Committee)
A. Request Board approval of an Ordinance amending Section 8-3-22, Number of Licenses, of Article 3, Alcoholic Liquors, of the Hoffman Estates Municipal Code (decrease in number of Class "A" licenses, Shanshan Corp. d/b/a House of Pho, and increase in number of Class "A" licenses, L&C Yu, Inc., d/b/a House of Pho, 1004 W. Golf Road).
B. Request Board authorization to:
1) waive formal bidding; and
2) purchase a 2019 Ford F-150 4X4 super cab pickup truck for the Fire Department through the Northwest Municipal Conference Suburban Purchasing Cooperative Contract from Roesch Ford, Bensenville, IL, in an amount not to exceed $3 1,207. (Amendment is requested - see packets)
9. ADJOURNMENT-Executive Session-Litigation (5 ILCS 12012-(c)-(ll)) & Collective Bargaining (5 ILCS 120/2-(c)-(2))