Northbrook Plan Commission reviews applications
The village of Northbrook Plan Commission met Jan. 17 to review applications.
Here is the meeting's agenda, as provided by the commission:
The Northbrook Plan Commission is comprised of nine members, who must be residents of the Village of Northbrook. The Plan Commission shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
Hold public hearings and make specific recommendations to the Board of Trustees concerning the preparation of and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan for the present and future development and redevelopment of the village.
Review specific development application requests as established in the Zoning Code and Subdivision & Development Code, including, but not limited to the following requests:
Variations, when associated with any of the above.
To aid and assist the Board of Trustees and the departments of the village in implementing general plans and in planning, developing and completing specific projects.
PLAN COMMISSION AGENDA
BOARD ROOM NORTHBROOK VILLAGE HALL, 1225 CEDAR LANE Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:30 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. MINUTES APPROVAL - December 20, 2016
3. COMMUNITY PLANNING REPORT
4. HEAR FROM THE AUDIENCE
5. CONTINUED REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
A. DOCKET NO. PCD-16-04: 1500-1550 SKOKIE BOULEVARD – NORTHBROOK TOYOTA (Second Public Hearing). An application by Northbrook Imports, LLC d/b/a Northbrook Toyota, as owner of the properties commonly known as 1510-1530 and 1550 Skokie Boulevard, and Equitable 1500 LLC, as owner of the property commonly known as 1500 Skokie Boulevard to accommodate a lot line reconfiguration and site improvements on the Northbrook Toyota parcels. The application requires the following approvals:
(A) A final plat of subdivision resubdividing the three parcels into three new lots of record, including the granting of waivers for requirements regarding public sidewalk installation; parkway tree plantings, and overhead utility line burial;
(B) Rezoning a portion of 1500 Skokie Boulevard from the C-5 District to the O-3 District;
(C) Zoning Code Text Amendment to allow tandem parking spaces; (D) For the 1510-1530 Skokie Boulevard parcel:
(1) Special Permits for Automotive Repair with Outdoor Vehicle Storage & Automotive Sales with Open Sales Lot;
(2) Variations to reduce the required front setback, the required interior side yard, the required rear yard, and the number of required loading spaces to accommodate existing site improvements;
(3) Approval to allow tandem parking spaces; and
(4) Site Plan approval;
(E) For the 1550 Skokie Boulevard parcel:
(1) Special Permits for Automotive Repair with Outdoor Vehicle Storage, Automotive Sales with Open Sales Lot, and a wall sign the top of which is in excess of 20’ from grade; (
2) Variations to reduce the required front setback, the required front yard, required interior side yard and setback, and the required number of loading spaces to accommodate existing and proposed site improvements; and
(3) Site Plan approval; and
(F) Any other such subdivision and zoning relief as may be necessary.
B. DOCKET NO. PCD-16-19: 1620 SUNSET RIDGE ROAD - PROVIDENCE FARM (Second Public Hearing). An application by Providence Farm LLC as contractual purchaser of the property commonly known as 1620 Sunset Ridge Road which is owned by Anthony Ryba and Abra Berkley for the purposes of authorizing the following:
A) A text amendment to Article XII of the Northbrook Zoning Code to modify the existing definitions of “Community Residence" and “Transitional Service Facilities” as necessary;
B) A text amendment to Articles III and IV of the Northbrook Zoning Code pertaining to the regulation of community residences and transitional service facilities in the Single Family and Multi-family residential districts to accommodate facilities with more than six residents;
C) A special permit to allow a group home as either a community residence or transitional service facility with up to eleven (11) residents in the R-2 Single Family Residential District; and
D) Any other such variations, waivers, and zoning relief as may be necessary.
7. REVIEW OF NEW APPLICATIONS
A. DOCKET NO. 16-20: 5 REVERE DRIVE - HILCO GLOBAL WALL SIGN (First Public Hearing). An application filed by Hilco Global as lessee of a portion of the property commonly known as 5 Revere Drive which is owned by ONB LLC, for the purposes of:
A) Approval of a special permit in the I-1 Restricted Industrial District to allow one wall sign, on the north façade of the existing building, at a height no more than 58’-4” above grade, which is in excess of the maximum allowed height of 20 feet; and
B) Approval of any other such variations, waivers, and zoning relief as may be necessary.
8. OLD BUSINESS
9. NEW BUSINESS
10. ADJOURN The Village of Northbrook is subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or who have questions regarding the accessibility of this meeting or the facilities, are requested to contact Greg Van Dahm or Debbie Ford (847-664-4014 or 847-664-4013, respectively) promptly to allow the Village of Northbrook to make reasonable accommodations for those person. Hearing impaired individuals may call the TDD number, 847-564-8645, for more information.
VILLAGE OF NORTHBROOK COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Organizations in this Story
1225 Cedar Ln
Northbrook, IL - 60062-4513