Des Plaines City Council prepares for upcoming meeting
The Des Plaines City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Monday, June 20.
The council includes 10 elected officials, including the mayor, the city clerk and eight aldermen from each of the city’s wards. The council serves as the legislative body for the city, setting policy direction and enacting legislation.
Here is the meeting agenda as provided by the Des Plaines City Council:
Monday, June 20, 2016
Regular Session – 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
(matters not on the Agenda)
CITY CLERK ANNOUNCEMENTS
OPEN SOLE BID RECEIVED ON 6/3/16 AT 10:00 A.M. FOR THE PURCHASE & DELIVERY OF TWO (2) FORD F-450 TRUCKS PER SPECIFICATIONS
1. Approve the Appointment of the Fire Department Division Chief of Training and Safety as the 2nd Alternate Delegate to the Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA).
1a. RESOLUTION R-95-16/NIPSTA Second Alternate Delegate Appointment
2. Approve Additional Purchases from On-Time Embroidery Inc., 2201 Lively Boulevard, Elk Grove Village, IL as the Vendor for the Fire Department’s Quartermaster Uniform System in the Amount Not-to-Exceed
$43,000. Budgeted Funds – General Fund/Fire Department.
2a. RESOLUTION R-96-16/Vendor for Fire Department’s Quartermaster Uniform System
3. Approve Central Road Pumping Station Improvements Change Order #1 with Manusos General Contracting, Inc., 91 Christopher Way, Fox Lake, IL 60020 in the Amount of $163,327.31. Budgeted Funds – Water Fund/Improvements.
3a. RESOLUTION R-97-16/Change Order #1 – Central Road Pumping Station
4. Authorize City Clerk to Advertise for Bid Elevator Inspection Services for a 2-Year Term, with an Option to Renew for Two 2-Year Terms after the Initial Term
5. SECOND READING – ORDINANCE M-16-16/New Class K Liquor License for Des Plaines Park District Lake Park Boathouse and Golf Course
6. Approve Prevailing Wage Ordinance for Laborers, Mechanics, and Other Workers who are Employed in the Performance of Public Works Projects as Required by the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act
6a. RESOLUTION R-99-16/Prevailing Wage Act Resolution
7. Amend Title 1, “Administrative”, Chapter 8, “Position Grade and Compensation Plan”, Section 4, “Compensation Plan” of the Des Plaines City Code to Add the Position of Assistant Director of Community Development
7a. ORDINANCE M-18-16/Amendment to 1-8-4 of the Des Plaines City Code
8. Approve Temporary License and Hold Harmless Agreement for TIF #7 Site Preparation Work
8a. RESOLUTION R-100-16/TIF #7 Temporary License and Hold Harmless Agreement
9. Minutes/Special City Council Meeting – May 23, 2016
10. Minutes/Regular Meeting – June 6, 2016
11. Minutes/Closed Session – June 6, 2016
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
1. FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION – Alderman Don Smith, Chair
a. Warrant Register in the Amount of $3,804,579.09 – RESOLUTION R-98-16
2. LEGAL & LICENSING – Alderman Patricia Haugeberg, Chair
a. ORDINANCE M-17-16/Amendment of the Des Plaines City Code to Title 1, Chapter 9, Section 5, Paragraph B “Code of Ethics”, “Disclosure” (deferred from June 6, 2016 City Council Meeting)
IF NO ACTION IS TAKEN UNDER NEW BUSINESS, THESE ITEMS WILL APPEAR ON THE FOLLOWING CONSENT AGENDA OR UNFINISHED BUSINESS. IF IT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE ACTION ON ANY OF THESE ITEMS THIS EVENING, THEY MUST BE REPORTED OUT BY THE COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN UNDER “NEW BUSINESS” UNFINISHED BUSINESS
NEW BUSINESS: IF REPORTED OUT BY COMMITTEE
1. a. RESOLUTION R-98-16/Warrant Register in the amount of $3,804,579.09
2. a. ORDINANCE M-17-16/Approve Amendment of the Des Plaines City Code to Title 1, Chapter 9, Section 5, Paragraph B “Code of Ethics”, “Disclosure”
PROBABLE OR IMMINENT LITIGATION
City of Des Plaines, in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, requests that persons with disabilities, who require certain accommodations to allow them to observe and/or participate in the meeting(s) or have questions about the accessibility of the meeting(s) or facilities, contact the ADA Coordinator at 391-5486 to allow the City to make reasonable accommodations for these persons.
Organizations in this Story
1420 Miner Street
Des Plaines, IL 60016